WooCommerce and Volusion are both e-commerce platforms that can be used to create and manage online stores. Both platforms allow users to add products, set up payment options, and manage orders. Both also have a variety of tools and features for managing inventory, shipping, and taxes. However, WooCommerce is a plugin for the WordPress website building platform, while Volusion is a standalone e-commerce platform. Additionally, WooCommerce is open-source and free to use, while Volusion is a paid platform with pricing plans.
WooCommerce is a plugin for the WordPress website-building platform, that provides e-commerce functionality, allowing users to create and manage an online store. Volusion is a standalone e-commerce platform that also allows users to create and manage online stores.
The main difference between WooCommerce and Volusion is that WooCommerce is built on top of the WordPress CMS, which provides a more robust content management system, with a wide range of customisation options and the ability to create and manage website pages, posts, and other types of content. Volusion is primarily focused on e-commerce functionality and has a more limited set of content management tools.
WooCommerce provides a more flexible and content-rich e-commerce platform, while Volusion is more focused on e-commerce functionality, with less emphasis on content management.
Why migrate your Volusion Website to WooCommerce?
A business might consider moving from Volusion to WooCommerce for a variety of reasons, some of which include:
- Cost: WooCommerce is free to use, while Volusion is a paid platform with pricing plans. Moving to WooCommerce could potentially save business money in the long run.
- Flexibility: WooCommerce is an open-source plugin for WordPress, which means it can be customised and extended to meet the specific needs of a business. In contrast, Volusion is a proprietary platform with limited customisation options.
- Integration: WooCommerce has a vast ecosystem of plugins and add-ons available, which allows for easy integration with a wide range of third-party tools and services. Volusion, on the other hand, has a more limited set of integrations.
- SEO: WordPress/WooCommerce has built-in SEO features and a large number of SEO plugins available, which can help a business improve its search engine rankings.
- Scalability: WordPress is a more scalable platform, which means it can handle more traffic and more complex requirements as the business grows.
- Community Support: WordPress and WooCommerce have a large and active community of developers and users, which means that businesses can easily find help and support when needed.
- Design and Themes: WordPress has a huge library of themes and templates that can be used to design a website, whereas Volusion has a limited number of templates to choose from.
- Content management: WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS) that allows businesses to manage and create their website’s content much more easily than Volusion.
Why hire a specialist when migrating a website from Volusion to WordPress?
It’s important to keep in mind that migrating a website can take a lot of time and effort, and it’s important to have a backup of the website and database before starting the migration process.
A WordPress specialist such as CircleBC will have the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure that the migration process is done correctly and that the new website functions correctly, and is optimised for search engines.
Engaging a WordPress specialist to assist with the migration from Volusion to WordPress can be beneficial for several reasons:
- Experience: A WordPress specialist will have experience with migrating websites from other platforms to WordPress and will have a good understanding of the complexities of the process. They will also have experience with the different plugins and tools that can be used to make the migration process smoother.
- Technical knowledge: A WordPress specialist will have the technical knowledge required to ensure that the migration is done correctly and that all data is imported correctly. They will also have knowledge of SEO and how to properly set up redirects to ensure that the website’s SEO ranking is not affected.
- Customisation: A WordPress specialist will be able to customise the new website to match the design of the old Volusion website, and will be able to make any necessary adjustments to ensure that the new website functions correctly.
- Support and maintenance: A WordPress specialist will be able to provide support and maintenance for the new website, ensuring that it continues to function correctly and is always up to date.
- Time-saving: Hiring a specialist will save a lot of time and effort as they have the experience and knowledge to do the job quickly and efficiently.
If you are looking to migrate your website from Volusion to WordPress, if you don’t have the inhouse resources to complete the migration for you, we can manage the process end to end, our team of WordPress experts will ensure that conversion is done correctly, quickly, and efficiently, and that the website is working properly on the new platform. It can also provide the peace of mind that the website will be secure and that you have ongoing wordpress support.
If your business is located in New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Victoria (VIC), Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Tasmania (TAS), Northern Territory (NT) and need to convert your Volusion Website to WordPress give the team at CircleBC a call, the initial consultation is complimentary and obligation free 1300 978 073.