WordPress and OpenCart are both website-building platforms. They both allow users to create and manage websites without needing to have coding or programming knowledge. Both platforms have templates that users can use to create their websites. In terms of functionality, both platforms offer similar features such as the ability to add products, set up payment options, and manage orders.
WordPress is free to use, while OpenCart is also free but it has a paid version with additional features. Additionally, WordPress has a vast ecosystem of plugins and add-ons available, which allows for easy integration with a wide range of third-party tools and services. OpenCart also has a large number of add-ons and plugins available but not as many as WordPress.
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to create any type of website, including blogs, portfolios, business websites, and e-commerce websites. It’s a versatile and flexible platform that can be used for a wide range of website types, and it has built-in content management and SEO features.
On the other hand, OpenCart is an open-source e-commerce platform specifically designed to create and manage online stores. It’s mainly focused on e-commerce functionality and it provides features such as the ability to add products, set up payment options, and manage orders. It’s a more focused e-commerce platform but with less flexibility and customisation options.
Overall, a business that is looking for a more versatile and flexible platform with a wide range of features, better content management capabilities, and more scalability might consider migrating from OpenCart to WordPress.
Why migrate your OpenCart Website to WooCommerce?
A business might consider moving from OpenCart to WordPress for a variety of reasons, some of which include:
- Flexibility: WordPress is a versatile and flexible platform that can be used for a wide range of website types, including e-commerce websites, whereas OpenCart is primarily focused on e-commerce functionality.
- Cost: WordPress is free to use, while OpenCart is free but has a paid version with additional features. Moving to WordPress could potentially save business money in the long run.
- Integration: WordPress has a vast ecosystem of plugins and add-ons available, which allows for easy integration with a wide range of third-party tools and services. OpenCart, on the other hand, has a more limited set of integrations.
- Content Management: WordPress is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that allows businesses to manage and create their website’s content much more easily than OpenCart.
- SEO: WordPress has built-in SEO features and a large number of SEO plugins available, which can help a business improve its search engine rankings.
- scalability: WordPress is a more scalable platform, which means it can handle more traffic and more complex requirements as the business grows.
- Design and Themes: WordPress has a huge library of themes and templates that can be used to design a website, whereas OpenCart has a limited number of templates to choose from.
- Community Support: WordPress has a large and active community of developers and users, which means that businesses can easily find help and support when needed.
Why hire a specialist when migrating a website from OpenCart to WordPress?
It’s important to keep in mind that migrating a website can take a lot of time and effort, and it’s important to have a backup of the website and database before starting the migration process. Additionally, during the migration process, you might need to adjust the design, layout or functionality of the e-commerce part of the website in order to match the new platform, which may require additional work.
Hiring a WordPress specialist such as CircleBC can be beneficial for a business that wants to migrate from OpenCart to WordPress for several reasons:
- Experience: A WordPress specialist will have experience with migrating websites from other platforms to WordPress and will have a good understanding of the complexities of the process. They will also have experience with the different plugins and tools that can be used to make the migration process smoother.
- Technical knowledge: A WordPress specialist will have the technical knowledge required to ensure that the migration is done correctly and that all data is imported correctly. They will also have knowledge of SEO and how to properly set up redirects to ensure that the website’s SEO ranking is not affected.
- Customisation: A WordPress specialist will be able to customise the new website to match the design of the old OpenCart website, and will be able to make any necessary adjustments to ensure that the new website functions correctly.
- E-commerce: A WordPress specialist will have experience in setting up e-commerce functionality in WordPress, will be able to ensure that the e-commerce part of the website is properly configured, and will have the ability to add any necessary features that the business needs.
- Support and maintenance: A WordPress specialist will be able to provide support and maintenance for the new website, ensuring that it continues to function correctly and is always up to date.
- Time-saving: Hiring a specialist will save a lot of time and effort as they have the experience and knowledge to do the job quickly and efficiently.
If you are looking to migrate your website from OpenCart to WordPress, if you don’t have the inhouse resources to complete the migration for you, we can manage the process end to end, our team of WordPress experts will ensure that conversion is done correctly, quickly, and efficiently, and that the website is working properly on the new platform. It can also provide the peace of mind that the website will be secure and that you have ongoing wordpress support.
If your business is located in New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Victoria (VIC), Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Tasmania (TAS), Northern Territory (NT) and need to convert your OpenCart Website to WordPress give the team at CircleBC a call, the initial consultation is complimentary and obligation free 1300 978 073.